Suggested Age: Children ages 3 to 5
Submitted by Hilda Comitini, State Librarian, Manoa Public Library
Book: Bunny Day: telling time from breakfast to bed time by Rick Walton
Children will enjoy learning about time while playing with the finished product. They learn how to tell time by moving the hands of the clock to reflect the time mentioned in the book, Bunny Day. This bunny clock craft is simple and fun to make and can be done by kids of all ages.
Activity: Bunny Clock Craft
- Printed Card stock
- Blue paper
- Rabbit pattern
- Paper fastener
- Number stickers
- Glue stick
- Wiggly eyes
- Cut out the patterns needed for this craft from card stock.
- Cut a circle from blue paper for the clock and glue it to the bunny’s body.
- Decorate the bunny.
- Put the number stickers on the clock, or write the numbers with a marker.
- Make the hands of the clock by cutting two arrows from construction paper. One arrow is longer than the other.
- Make a small hole in the center of the clock and one in each of the clock’s hands.
- Using the brass fastener, attach the clock’s hands to the middle of the clock.
- Share “happy times” with your child!