Literacy Semi-UnConference: A Participant-Driven Gathering
April 17, 2021
8:00 am - 10:00 am
A FREE, exciting, virtual, participant-driven gathering designed for parents, caregivers, and educators of young children.
REGISTER ONLINE BY APRIL 15, 2021 THROUGH THIS LINK: https://forms.gle/qqhZmreUmXQeKF468
1. KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Lori Oczkus, nationally recognized literacy coach, author, and popular speaker will share practical strategies for helping children succeed in reading, including introduction of quick tips that promote success for all children and in just minutes per day!
2. UNCONFERENCE: Participants provide topics of interest, and all participants can join breakout rooms to address the topic of their choosing. The breakout room spaces can be used to exchange ideas, resources, strategies, and/or establish a connection with other like-minded individuals. You do not need to be an expert on any topic to participate.
Lori will also be offering an optional follow-up session during this time on. She will offer the following:
– Creative ways to read together with children
– Tips on coaching children when they read on their own
– Help for your child/student with phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and spelling
– Q & A
Schedule (subject to change)
8AM-9AM HST: Welcome and Keynote Speaker, Lori Oczkus
9AM-10AM HST: UnConference and Closing
Attendees will receive a certificate of completion which can be submitted for “Health & Safety” credit through the Department of Human Services Early Childhood Registry.
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or (808) 955-7600. We look forward to welcoming you to this innovative, unique event!
Mahalo to our sponsor, Hawaii Pizza Hut Literacy Fund of the Hawaii Community Foundation.