Suggested Age: Preschool-Grade 2
Submitted by Curt Fukumoto, State Librarian, Kaneohe Public Library
Book: Snowballs by Lois Ehlert
Activity: Plastic Lid Snow globe
Make a faux snow globe with a dome-shaped plastic lid used for cold coffee and some cold soft drinks. The snow globe project makes use of recyclable materials. CAUTION: Be careful when handling your finished snow globe as the confetti will spill if the base separates from the lid.
- Domed plastic lid of a cold beverage cup
- clear tape
- Sturdy white paper
- Tape the opening of the coffee lid with clear tape on both sides so the confetti won’t stick.
- Cut out a circle of very sturdy paper for the base. The base should be sturdy to prevent the snow globe from coming apart. It should be slightly smaller than the lid so you can snap it into the lid.
- Glue on clip art or draw a design on the circle. Be creative.
- Turn over your coffee lid and add confetti.
- Snap on your base and you have completed your plastic lid snow globe.