Suggested Age: K-Grade 3
Submitted by Curt Fukumoto, State Librarian, Kaneohe Public Library
Book: Sunflower House by Eve Bunting
Activity: Create a Flower
You can create a flower while learning the basic parts of a flower when doing this activity. Use your imagination to create a realistic or imaginary flower. Take a walk and look for a flower that inspires you.
- Construction paper or colored paper
- Modeling clay
- Make a stem and leaves using the modeling clay. Stick a toothpick through the top of the stem.
- Tear or cut petals using colored paper. Punch holes in each petal so in can be placed on the toothpick.
- Create the pistil, anthers, and filaments using toothpicks and modeling clay.
- Admire the flower you have created!