Ten Little Caterpillars
Suggested Age: Preschool-Grade 1
Submitted by Curt Fukumoto, State Librarian, Kaneohe Public Library
Book: Ten Little Caterpillars by Bill Martin
Activity: Egg Carton Caterpillar
This egg carton caterpillar will look as though it’s crawling on the ground when you pull it by a string. The best part of this project is taking the caterpillar for a walk. This project also helps the environment by using recycled egg cartons.
- Egg carton
- Yarn or string
- Chenille stem (Pipe cleaner)
- Cut out a row of cups from an egg carton.
- Poke two holes in the front cup and insert chenille stem (pipe cleaner).
- Decorate the egg carton with pompoms, felt, or crayons.
- Don’t forget to add eyes and a smile.
- Attach yarn or string to the chenille stem (pipe cleaner) loop underneath the antennae.
- Now you can walk your caterpillar!